5 tips to adapt in a foreign country. Expats guide
From my experiences of counseling expatriates in Ukraine, moving to another country is always a challenge. ⛩?⛪️? There is know one magic receipt to solve all at once ?♂️And at the same time there are several useful things to do in order to make this new experience comfortable.
1. Stay connected. ?♀️?♂️ People who arrive in Ukraine, usually start to work in a new team and are overloaded to cope with all changes. It gives no time for contacts with your usual circles. Find moment to share, send messages or have a talk. Even little time spent with your best friends will help you feel support and stay in touch.
2. Explore local life and avoid prejudices. ?♀️?♂️ When we get into an unknown situation, we instinctively become tensed. Our mind tends to exaggerate all that we see to protect from possible danger. I travel a lot and people are similar every where, differences in culture does not mean differences in humanity.Be careful does not mean avoid local life at all.
3. Find new interests or search for things you love to do ✍️????♀️⛹️♀️?️♀️⛷?♂️ You can look for reviews and join to local groups or courses. Make a list of what you love to do and try to find 1-2 groups according to it.
4. Join other expats or diaspora communities. Attend their events. Broaden your network. ????
5. Study basis of a local language: polite words, questions, numbers and simple phrases to get around in a city. I always feel easy when I can communicate with native speakers a little bit in everyday situations.
And enjoy new experience, any transformations will enrich you if consciously go through them. More about my experience http://www.psycheya.info/psychotherapy-in-english-kyiv/